It has been some time since the last post. There's been the holidays and an unfortunate few days of illness that have caused a few delays with the progress. Nevertheless, the work has progressed. It's still fun too!
Honestly, making the transition from demolition to putting it all back together has been hard. There's so much to do, and all of it seems important. Although it has gotten colder, we have been really fortunate to continue to have good weather. Today was 45 degrees, which isn't bad for Ohio at the end of November. We have continued making significant progress, however much of it doesn't show well in photographs, like we've basically got the entire upstairs rewired, and we moved a bunch of salvaged insulation from the first floor, to a room upstairs, and from there to the attic.
Below are a few pictures of some things that do show well in pictures.
Here are the cement contractors prepping for the new garage floor. There was a really small window of opportunity with the weather, so they stayed until after 8 pm one night, and started at 6 am the next morning.
Cement Trucks lined up.
The guys getting the cement spread evenly and sloped properly.
The final product.
We also got a new attic ladder installed. This was the old access into the attic.
Here's the new one.
And another angle. I actually forgot to double check to see if the door was level before I attached it. So I got to uninstall and reinstall it. That was fun x2.
Once the attic door was in, it made it easier to access the attic to install all of the register vents (as seen on this diagram)
The attic has blown in fiberglass insulation, which I'm told is a really good exfoliator.
Here's a shot of the other side of the attic.
CJ's room (not to be confused with Alli's room - ignore the door), had a closet with drywall. I removed that and installed plaster board so that the plasterer can make it all look the same.
The finished closet.
And sometimes when you start too early, your helpers fall asleep in front of the fireplace.
That's it for this episode.